Setting Up Performance Test Environment
Performance testing services are testing that is performed, to determine how fast some aspect of a system performs under a particular workload.
Why is performance testing important:
- To improve user experience on sites and web apps
- It increases revenue generated from websites
- Help gather useful metrics for tuning the system
- Identify bottlenecks such as database configuration
- Determines the stability of your production environment
Setting Up Test Environment
The first and most important rule in performing a performance test is to have a test environment which is the exact replica of the production environment or system.
Secondly, you must have a complete knowledge of the AUT production environment.
The following will also be considered: test environment isolation from other activities, network isolation, full access to the server, proxy removal from the network path, spinning up and warming up the server before testing are some of the approaches that must also be considered in order to successfully execute a performance test.
Following is the brief list of test environment options:
1) A SUBSET OF THE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT WITH FEWER SERVERS OF LOWER SPECIFICATION
2) A SUBSET OF THE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT WITH FEWER SERVERS OF THE SAME SPECIFICATION
3) AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT
4) TESTING ON PRODUCTION SYSTEM